I want to exercise, I really do. I have the proper mindset ... it is the first thing on my daily TO DO list. But ... my “bodyset” thinks differently. It is always the one thing that gets moved forward to complete the following day.
I’ve been thinking about riding my bike to work this summer. After all, it’s just 2 ½ miles. How hard could it be? In days gone by I was known to ride from my home on 3500 South & 4800 West up a grueling incline to 4100 South, across to 8400 West, down to 3100 South and back again. It was a piece of cake!
So ... this morning I gave it a test run. Five minutes in I knew this could be a big mistake. In my car it all seems to be so, so ... level. Seriously? I have to ride Uphill? I imagined myself sitting by the side of the road awaiting rescue. But I persevered.
Thirty minutes and two water stops later I arrived at the school out of breath, sweaty and with a lovely “helmet head.” The ride home, however, made it all worthwhile. It was lots of coasting and took just twelve minutes.
I’m sure I’ll be manifesting achy muscles along with my jelly legs and I’m not certain this will become my “go to work” transportation, but I can now happily boast that
I DID IT!
2 comments:
MOM! You did it...great job! Just think how easy that will be in a few weeks after doing it every day!!
I'm so proud of your commitment to your health and staying around a long time for your kids and grandkids. WE love you for that strength and healthy desire. :) So proud!
I'm impressed! I think it'll be worth it if you keep it up! :)
Post a Comment