Monday, March 8, 2010

Mr. City Councilman

Okay, I know I'm slow, but it is really important that I make this post.
After a long campaign trail, Clive was elected to the West Jordan City Council
in November. He ran in 2007 for a district seat and lost by a very narrow margin of 97 votes.
In 2009 he ran again, but this time at-large.
He spent several months, hundreds of hours, and walked untold miles
campaigning from one end of the city to another.
West Jordan is now the fourth largest city in Utah, so it was no small task.
Just two weeks before the election he was down with the H1N1, so lost ten very valuable campaign days, but still came out victorious!


On January 4th family and friends gathered for the swearing-in of the newly elected
mayor and council members.

Council members Chad Nichols & Clive Killpack
and Mayor Melissa Johnson

Part of the Killpack Clan:
Kristen, Kevin, Kirsti, Spencer, Clive, Wendy, Tegan, Mayci, Sheryl, Darren & Jayden

Marisa, Clive & Jonathan

Clive with Mom & Dad:
Ralph & Edith Osborne

Some of the siblings:
Gayle, Nell, Mike, Colleen & Linda

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

skcoe said...

Awwww! This was a great night. He'll do such a wonderful job!

Marisa Jean said...

I'm so proud of Dad for pursuing this dream and trying again even after losing once. Best of luck to him in his new position.

Janell said...

We had heard via the grapevine and were thrilled. He will do a wonderful job! Give him our congratulations!

Michael said...

Congrats! Now get to work! My neck of the woods needs to get incorporated into WJ so SLCo will stop jerking us around. :-)

Mrs. S said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Congratulations! I know you'll make a difference for good.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hi Wendy,
You are a non reply blogger so I can't e-mail you about the EQ software. Can you please e-mail me at ihaveanotion@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Kelly