I’ve always considered myself somewhat of an optimist. I like to see the glass half full and usually try to think the best of people and situations.
I came to a stark realization this morning.
In spite of my optimistic nature,
I have a tendency to see thorns.
I have a tendency to see thorns.
When I look out my back window my eye is immediately directed to the patch of yard that has been untended and is filled with rocks and weeds. This morning, however, rather than cast my eyes toward the ground, I looked up. The scene that unfolded before me was breathtaking. In the distance I viewed a row of stately pine trees reaching heavenward. Yesterday’s fog had been pushed away by ribbons of pastel pink clouds weaving through a sea of blue skies.
The beauty of the scene immediately caused my thoughts to turn toward God and I uttered a prayer of gratitude. I knew that today would be wonderful because at its inception I was offered a
bouquet of roses.
bouquet of roses.
1 comment:
Sometimes it's easier to see the thorns, aka: things that are causing you pain. But I'm glad you can see past that and realize all our Heavenly Father has given to us to enjoy. :) You have a good life full of wonderful things!
Post a Comment