Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Holiday Parties

Even though we sometimes go for weeks or months without seeing extended family, the holidays are a sure remedy for that particular malady. Trying to squeeze in time to celebrate the season with loved ones is often quite a feat.


The Witbeck's met on the second Saturday morning of the month, trying to free up the evenings for all the other holiday hoopla that comes at this time of year. 30 of us met in the Relief Society Room at our church for brunch, games, and visiting. While a group of us tied a quilt to donate to the Humanitarian Center, most of the young men were playing basketball in the Cultural Hall. Naturally, it snowed. It seems that one of our traditions is to choose a snowy, stormy day. Both Jayden and Nate entertained us with their spectacular talents on the guitar. I especially enjoyed the "audience participation" as we sang and acted out the verses to Christmas Time Is Coming.
ALL:
Christmas time is coming, our favorite time of year.
Have a happy holiday and peace throughout the year.
If you pass us by, you will hear us cry:
ELVES:
We make the toys for all the girls and boys
DOLLS:
Mama, dada, I love you
REINDEER:
My nose, my nose, in the dark it glows
SANTA:
My boots are red. I drive a funny sled. HO!


As is tradition, the Killpack Clan gathered on the Sunday evening prior to Christmas. As the photo collage indicates, it was a mass body of 84 people crammed into Ralph & Edith's home. Amazingly enough, we were all able to eat a dinner of finger foods, enjoy a program of singing by age groups (children, teenagers, young adults, and Edith's kids & spouses), then open gifts from grandma & grandpa. It was truly a wonder to behold!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

skcoe said...

I cant see the whole picture of me, Sara and Mayci at Grandma's claustrophobia fest, will you email it to me?

I'm so bummed we couldn't stay for the Witbeck party, I'm laughing at the pictures of "Christmastime is coming..." what a fun memory!

LJB said...

Looks like I missed alot of Christmas fun at the Witbeck party! But I'm glad you all had such an enjoyable time!

Babe in Boysland said...

This is a random question, but why are Bruce and Kristen posing together under an umbrella? Kinda odd.