Tuesday, July 1, 2008

MS 150 Bike Tour

For the third consecutive year, Mars participated in the MS 150 Bike Tour.
Clive and I have made it a tradition to be in Logan to see him cross the finish line.
This year we made it with just five minutes to spare,
but we did cheer him as he finished his century ride.
He made it a goal this year to collect $500 in donations to the MS Society.
By the day of the ride he had received $750 due to the goodness of friends & family
and THEIR friends.
He initially started doing the ride because he loves biking
and wanted to ride in memory of my brother, Kim, who suffered from the debilitating disease
and passed away in 1996.
Thanks to Mars and others like him, those who suffer may live to see a cure.










3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I'm sad we missed it, but congrats for finishing another year Mars! And, for earing all that money! Way to go!

skcoe said...

WHOO-HOO! GO MARS! I'm so proud of him, I love that he's so in shape and driven!!

mel said...

It was fun to have you guys up. You timed it perfectly. No waiting in the hot sun for you guys!