Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Awesome Mother's Day Weekend

In my 30 years as a Mother I have come to a definite conclusion ...
Mother's Day is usually either AWESOME or GRUESOME.
There is seldom any gray in the mix ... just black or white.
Well, this year was truly awesome!
My perfect Mother's Day is to have all my family gathered together where I can bask in the light and joy of my husband and children.
Well, it looked like there was no way that we were all going to be able to be together this year, so Clive and I spent two days driving from Orem to Logan and back to spend time with each of the family.

Beginning on Friday, Marisa & Jonathan dropped by on their way to Nevada just long enough to share a hug and present me with a beautiful house plant.
On Saturday we drove to Orem to visit my Mom. My sister, Nancy joined us and Sheryl, Tegan, & Mayci met us there. We visited, ate, and shared Mother's Day greetings. Sheryl made me an awesome accordian book filled with family photos.
Saturday evening we drove to Logan and spent the evening with Mars, Melanie, Avery, & Gracyn. I played with the girls and read stories. On Sunday morning I was presented with a colorful handcrafted purse from Mars & family. Clive gave me a much-needed gift certificate for a manicure & pedicure as well as a book. (They were very thoughtful gifts, even though he didn't get the hint of the DVD set & book that I had been drooling over. He must not have seen the ads that were plastered all over the front of the refrigerator with red circles & stars around the wanted items. He never has been able to see the forest for the trees!)
After a Sunday morning trip to Brigham City for my nephew's mission farewell (where we were able to visit with Clive's Mom) I returned home for a lovely afternoon nap. Later that evening Spencer & Kevin joined us for a dinner prepared by Clive, then spent about 4 hours in delightful conversation. The boys gave me a gift card to Hancock Fabrics.
I had a most enjoyable weekend with those whom I love the very most!

4 comments:

Taralou said...

Sounds like a busy -- but FUN -- weekend! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!! You deserve it!

Marisa Jean said...

Glad my husband's not the only one who can't get my hints. I finally just went and purchased the DVD set I wanted because even with blatently stating that I wanted it to him, he still forgot. I love men.

Mars said...

We loved having you up, the girls were really upset after church when you didn't come back. Maybe sometime in the near future they can come down for a "sleepover". Happy mothers day!

skcoe said...

It was so great seeing you on Saturday- you know I LOVE any excuse for getting together!