Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clive's Faux Pas

Clive and I are currently in the midst of tearing out our OLD, nasty, grimy, out-dated bathroom. While shopping for a new vanity I found just what I needed ... a vanity with a L-A-R-G-E drawer in the bottom ... 6X more drawer space! It was a little more pricey than some of the others, but I insisted that I had to have the drawer in a bathroom too tiny for any storage. So we loaded up our purchases and waited for three months to finally get started on the job. Upon closer examination, Clive discovered that the plumbing and the vent were in the way of the drawer and there was NO WAY it could be installed. I pouted, complained, shed a few tears and then agreed to exchange it for a similar model WITHOUT the spacious bottom drawer.
Yesterday Clive made arrangements with a friend to borrow his services (and his truck) to haul the vanity back to the store to make the exchange. I had given him the original sales receipt which he readily left behind. The clerk happily accepted the vanity in exchange for store credit. He then loaded the new vanity on the flat and took it to the check-out stand for purchase. Strangely, the price was identical to the one he had just returned. He shrugged his shoulders, thinking we must have bought it on a sale. However, upon examination, he discovered that he had just returned the exact same vanity that he had just purchased! He never did buy the one with the extra drawer.
I laughed so hard that I almost fell off my chair. I'm still laughing!!!

4 comments:

Sanders Crew said...

Thats pretty good! At least you can laugh about it! :)

skcoe said...

HAHA! It's no "typewriter" story, but we will NEVER let this one go!

Marisa Jean said...

I forgot about the typewriter...Dad is always good for a laugh!

mel said...

Mars and I laughed so hard when we read that. That is SO Clive!